TITUSVILLE, Fla. (WESH/AP) — A gender reveal party mixed with explosives has sparked a 10-acre fire in Florida.
WESH-TV reports it happened Saturday in Brevard County.
The county has been prohibiting open burning because of an increase in fires.
Officials say to follow the rules in order to avoid straining medical resources during the coronavirus pandemic.
A violation of the burn ban comes with an up to $500 fine and jail time.
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests in 17 cities as protests continue
- Video: Tampa police end jewelry store looting
- Sheriff joins peaceful protest in Flint, Michigan
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few isolated storms this afternoon
- Launch gives spectators pride, reprieve from troubled times