VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) — Authorities arrested a man after he outed himself on social media.
Volusia County sheriff’s deputies said Kevin Gaines, 20, was wanted for numerous charges, including grand theft auto.
In body camera video released by officials, Gaines is shown on a cellphone doing a live feed on his Instagram account, which revealed his location.
Deputies are heard in the video saying Gaines turned off his live feed when he saw the blue lights of law enforcement.
Gaines was taken into custody without incident.
Investigators said several weapons were found in the home.
Along with existing charges, Gaines was also charged with possession of a firearm by a delinquent.
- Tampa search dog helps in Puerto Rico following earthquakes
- Mother dog found on side of road pulling crate with her 4 puppies inside
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Warm Friday ahead of a cold front set to cool weekend temps
- Grieving mother spreads message for Tampa Bay drivers to ‘move over’ for emergency vehicles
- Special needs facility in Texas ready to cheer on ‘best friend’ Patrick Mahomes in Super Bowl