VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) — Authorities arrested a man after he outed himself on social media.
Volusia County sheriff’s deputies said Kevin Gaines, 20, was wanted for numerous charges, including grand theft auto.
In body camera video released by officials, Gaines is shown on a cellphone doing a live feed on his Instagram account, which revealed his location.
Deputies are heard in the video saying Gaines turned off his live feed when he saw the blue lights of law enforcement.
Gaines was taken into custody without incident.
Investigators said several weapons were found in the home.
Along with existing charges, Gaines was also charged with possession of a firearm by a delinquent.
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Sally storm surge
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- Florida decision likely clears Patriots owner of soliciting sex
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- North Carolina man faces over 300 sex-related charges involving 100 children