WACO, Texas (AP) — Former U.S. Rep. Allen West of Florida was recovering Sunday after suffering a concussion, several fractured bones and cuts in a motorcycle crash in Texas.
A post on his Facebook page said West was driving back from a rally in Austin focused on reopening the state amid the coronavirus pandemic when the accident occurred Saturday.
A later post said that West, who was in stable condition, was expected to be released Monday and then plans to take a week off to recuperate.
West is running for chair of the Republican Party of Texas.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Father, son arm-wrestling contest leads to 8-hour standoff with deputies
- Coronavirus spike linked to in-person dining, study suggests
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow, and the buoy network
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Chicago man charged with first-degree murder in shooting of 7-year-old girl