TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Dust off the tackle box and grab your fishing pole!
Florida’s license-free fishing days get underway this weekend, meaning those who don’t yet have a fishing license can go saltwater fishing this Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. Next weekend, June 13 and 14, you can go freshwater fishing without a license.
The saltwater waiver covers any recreational harvest that would require a saltwater fishing license, such as crabbing, lobstering, scalloping, etc. You’ll still need to follow the rules and bag and size limits.
The FWC offers eight license-free fishing days each year, but residents can get an annual license for $17.
Licenses and permits are available online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, in person at a license agent or tax collector’s office or by calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (888-347-4356).
- DeSantis: If fast-food restaurants, stores are essential, opening schools in the fall is as well
- 11-year-old Broward Co. girl dies of COVID-19, state data shows
- 100 contract nurses coming to Tampa Bay area to help battle COVID-19 pandemic
- Police: 11-year-old girl, father shot to death in dog dispute with neighbor in Florida
- Nashville out of Orlando MLS tourney after 9 players test positive for coronavirus