TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Dust off the tackle box and grab your fishing pole!
Florida’s license-free fishing days get underway this weekend, meaning those who don’t yet have a fishing license can go saltwater fishing this Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. Next weekend, June 13 and 14, you can go freshwater fishing without a license.
The saltwater waiver covers any recreational harvest that would require a saltwater fishing license, such as crabbing, lobstering, scalloping, etc. You’ll still need to follow the rules and bag and size limits.
The FWC offers eight license-free fishing days each year, but residents can get an annual license for $17.
Licenses and permits are available online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, in person at a license agent or tax collector’s office or by calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (888-347-4356).
- Legislature’s special session to focus on Disney’s Reedy Creek Improvement District
- Puisis finds new home, key role at USF
- 17-year-old killed at DeSoto County Fair; Police seek subjects of viral video
- Florida police investigating after student found dead inside university housing
- Florida woman convicted for stealing thousands of dollars meant for cystic fibrosis patients