TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Dust off the tackle box and grab your fishing pole!
Florida’s license-free fishing days get underway this weekend, meaning those who don’t yet have a fishing license can go saltwater fishing this Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. Next weekend, June 13 and 14, you can go freshwater fishing without a license.
The saltwater waiver covers any recreational harvest that would require a saltwater fishing license, such as crabbing, lobstering, scalloping, etc. You’ll still need to follow the rules and bag and size limits.
The FWC offers eight license-free fishing days each year, but residents can get an annual license for $17.
Licenses and permits are available online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com, in person at a license agent or tax collector’s office or by calling toll-free 888-FISH-FLORIDA (888-347-4356).
- Study: Florida’s top phobia is virus, germs
- Orange County deputy told kids demons were in apartment, gave them weapons to shoot anyone who entered
- Sarasota woman wins $2M from new scratch-off game
- 7 arrested after 3,600 flying squirrels trafficked from Florida in alleged international pet trade
- Belt buckle prompts Florida sheriff to reopen cold case