OCALA, Fla. (WFLA) — A 61-year-old Ocala woman claimed a $396.9 million winning Powerball ticket, becoming Florida’s 13th Powerball Jackpot winner.
Sheryll Goedert drew the winning ticket Jan. 29. She chose to take a lump-sum payment of $276,558,034.
The Florida Lottery said Goedert didn’t choose her own numbers, but instead purchased a ‘Quick Pick’ ticket.
The winning ticket was purchased at a 7-Eleven in Bonita Springs, a town on the west coast of Florida between Fort Myers and Naples. The store will receive a $100,000 bonus commission for selling the winning Powerball ticket.
The next Powerball drawing will be held Wednesday with an estimated $110 million jackpot.
- Beloved Tampa Bay doctor dies from COVID-19 complications, said he ‘just wanted to get back to his patients’
- Halloween canceled? Not so fast! Spirit Halloween opening stores
- Hernando County fire crews battling 185-acre brush fire
- Dr Pepper addresses soda shortage at grocery stores
- Nearly 100K children in US tested positive for coronavirus during last two weeks in July