JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Jacksonville woman won $1 million Monday from a scratch-off lottery ticket she purchased at Publix.
The Florida Lottery says Ursula Honderick purchased a $1,000,000 GOLD RUSH CLASSIC Scratch-Off ticket for just $5 at a Publix in the Orange Park area. She decided to receive her winnings in a one-time lump sum payment of $705,000.
The grocery store will receive a $2,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
- Caught on video: Man breaks into Town ‘n’ Country church, sets it on fire
- Learning pods can make educational inequities worse. Here’s a better way to create one
- Catching up with hockey-loving pigs, Thunder and Bolt
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000
- LIST: Bed Bath & Beyond to close 63 stores by the end of 2020