DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say two Florida teens fatally shot a 16-year-old in the back over a marijuana sale gone bad.
Broward Sheriff’s authorities say Lacharles Jean sent an Instagram message to an account named “Weed Connoisseur” and later met up in the parking lot of a Deerfield Beach condominium.
Several security cameras captured the meeting between Jean and 19-year-olds Conn Errico and Christopher Snyder.
Jean allegedly punched Errico in the face and took off. Authorities say the two followed, shooting Jean in the back before speeding away.
Errico was arrested Wednesday. Snyder was arrested March 27. Both are charged with murder and are being held without bond.
- LIVE: Gov. DeSantis holds first news conference in 3 weeks to address COVID-19
- US Coast Guard finds missing Florida boater alive, clinging to capsized vessel
- Missing Child Alert issued for 14-year-old Sumter County girl
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during burial service
- Florida on track to top 1 million total coronavirus cases this week