CLAY COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Clay County Sheriff has been charged with a felony after being given an ultimatum by a special prosecutor to either resign or be arrested.
According to First Coast News, Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels faces four charges including tampering with evidence, a felony, and three misdemeanor counts of making false statements to a law enforcement officer stemming from a sex scandal investigation
Daniels has been under scrutiny from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for more than a year after he was accused of ordering one of his deputies to illegally arrest his former mistress for stalking in 2019.
MORE TOP STORIES
- 1 dead following apartment complex shooting in Tampa, deputies investigating
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Staying breezy to start the new week
- Report: Carole Baskin to get new show about animal exploitation
- Tampa Bay rescue team helps save 30 Panhandle residents from floodwater
- Survivor writes free ‘how-to’ guide on beating brain cancer