FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida protester whose bruised, bloody face made national news after she was shot with a rubber bullet by police says she wants to meet with police to talk about reform.
LaToya Ratlieff was a peaceful protester at a May 31 rally in Fort Lauderdale. Video shows her walking away from police when she was shot. She suffered a cranial fracture, received 20 stitches and can still barely see from her blood-filled eye.
Police haven’t released the name of the officer who fired the rubber bullet and did not respond to a request for comment.
On Friday, she said it’s not about money, but about reform.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Rays fans at watch party react to disappointing loss
- Justin Turner removed from Game 6 after testing positive for COVID-19
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Student, bus driver killed in school bus crash in Tennessee