WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida high school principal who was fired last year after telling a student’s mother “not everyone believes the Holocaust happened” has been rehired.
The Palm Beach County school board voted 4-3 on Wednesday to reinstate former Spanish River High School principal William Latson based on an administrative law judge’s recommendation. He will receive $152,000 in back pay.
The board’s only Jewish member, Karen Brill says the action will leave a stain on the district.
Larson was fired last October.
The board made it clear it was reluctant to rehire Latson but feared a lawsuit and a costly court battle.
- Soccer officials investigate ‘impractical’ scores of 91-1, 95-0
- Man in Maserati points gun at driver in Sarasota road rage incident, FHP says
- Tampa police investigate possible homicide after man found dead in car
- Court nixes Trump-era rules loosening endangered species protections
- Paul Rudd reacts after kids wouldn’t sign boy’s yearbook