SUMMERFIELD, Fla. (AP) – A 63-year-old Florida man seeking directions to an auto parts store instead found himself in jail.
Deputies say Juan Zamora flashed his headlights at a Marion County Sheriff’s deputy’s squad car on Saturday night. The deputy stopped and Zamora asked how to get to the auto parts store.
The deputy smelled alcohol and noticed that Zamora seemed to be impaired. He failed a field sobriety test and initially refused a breath test, saying “You didn’t pull me over, I pulled you over.”
He tested over the legal limit to drive and was arrested on DUI charges.
- Red tide may affect weekend beach plans in Sarasota County
- Florida couple starved 50-pound teen and siblings, locked them in bedroom, deputies say
- Gaetz and DeSantis: A friendship that may become a liability
- EXPLAINER: Can officers stop drivers for air fresheners?
- US says Russia was given Trump campaign polling data in 2016