CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Charlotte County Fire Department and EMS has a warning for drivers.
Do not drive with an open candle!
According to the department’s Facebook page, the fire started after a fragrant candle that was burning in the car, tipped over onto some papers, and caught on fire.
The man driving stopped his car and ran for a trashcan to fill with water and when he got back, the car was engulfed in flames.
Fire and EMS crews say they were able to put out the fire but, unfortunately, not before the fire destroyed the car.
Thankfully no one was injured.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?