CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Charlotte County Fire Department and EMS has a warning for drivers.
Do not drive with an open candle!
According to the department’s Facebook page, the fire started after a fragrant candle that was burning in the car, tipped over onto some papers, and caught on fire.
The man driving stopped his car and ran for a trashcan to fill with water and when he got back, the car was engulfed in flames.
Fire and EMS crews say they were able to put out the fire but, unfortunately, not before the fire destroyed the car.
Thankfully no one was injured.
MORE TOP STORIES
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Scattered downpours develop this afternoon
- Tampa youth soccer coach remembered after battle with COVID-19
- Nine-year-old boy rescued after falling into creek
- Lightning outlast Blue Jackets 3-2 in 5 OT thriller
- Bay Area political analyst says to win White House, candidates must win two major groups in Florida