FLOROSA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man has been arrested after a driver spotted a runaway toddler in diapers on a highway near midnight.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office says the man had put the 2-year-old child in bed and was checking emails but didn’t realize the boy had escaped.
A deputy noticed the garage door and interior door were open.
The sheriff’s office said Sunday that 43-year old Micah Adkins is facing a child neglect charge.
He said the toddler had also escaped three days ago and the garage door had been left open. The child was found in a nearby car wash.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Former USF student who started social media movement on sex assault allegations speaks out
- One officer shown in Elijah McClain photos resigns
- World War II vet, grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- Gay Culverhouse, former Bucs president who helped injured players dies at 73
- Hillsborough County absentee ballots on their way to mailboxes