PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was arrested for “littering” his truck in a catfish pond in front of the Charlotte County Jail Tuesday.
According to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, a detention officer saw Tristin Murphy, 35, standing by the pond watching a truck sink to the bottom.
The officer said Murphy was uncooperative and denied having any affiliation with the truck.
Unsure if the vehicle was occupied, two officers jumped into the water to check but were unable to do much because of how deep the truck was sinking.
A fire and EMS dive team arrived on the scene later to help pull the truck from the pond.
Murphy was found down the road from the jail and arrested for “littering over 500 pounds of hazardous material.”
- Tarpon Springs PD concerned for well-being of woman ‘punched and kicked’ at Walmart
- 16 new fair foods to look forward to at the 2020 Florida State Fair
- Pirate ship-themed cruise set to make maiden voyage during Gasparilla
- Man cited for using fake skeleton to drive in HOV lane
- Florida man fined $2000 for killing endangered smalltooth sawfish