PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was arrested for “littering” his truck in a catfish pond in front of the Charlotte County Jail Tuesday.
According to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, a detention officer saw Tristin Murphy, 35, standing by the pond watching a truck sink to the bottom.
The officer said Murphy was uncooperative and denied having any affiliation with the truck.
Unsure if the vehicle was occupied, two officers jumped into the water to check but were unable to do much because of how deep the truck was sinking.
A fire and EMS dive team arrived on the scene later to help pull the truck from the pond.
Murphy was found down the road from the jail and arrested for “littering over 500 pounds of hazardous material.”
- Wreaths Across America back on after threat of cancelation
- Pandemic or not, Polk organization delivers 1,800 Thanksgiving meals to the elderly
- Mysterious medical braces delivered to Tampa Bay seniors, charged to Medicare
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference