GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Investigators say a 70-year-old owner of a north Florida child care business faces sexual battery charges.
Police say they spotted an image of a child who may have been in his care in a batch of 5,000 child pornography images found at John Tennant’s home.
Police had received a tip about child abuse from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
The photo was of a child who police say could have been in the couple’s care in 2001.
Tennant is charged with 12 counts of child pornography possession. He remains in the Alachua County Jail.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Orphaned baby llama joins herd at Macedonian zoo
- 3 men from 3 states accused in woman’s death, burned body
- ‘Enough is Enough’ march in St. Petersburg demands end to gun violence
- 49ers may need temporary home because of new COVID-19 rules
- German restaurant fills seats with stuffed pandas to protest coronavirus lockdown