ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida K-9 helped make a $5.6 million drug bust during a traffic stop in Orlando, troopers said.
The Florida Highway Patrol said in a Twitter post that K-9 Piet and a trooper made the big bust on Tuesday night.
According to the post, the trooper pulled over a U-Haul truck and the dog sniffed out 624 pounds of marijuana that was being smuggled in the back.
“The street value is over 5.6 million dollars,” the agency said.
The driver and a passenger were arrested.
- Hillsborough deputies arrest 2 men in computer scheme that targeted victims across US
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: A Cold Night Ahead For The Tampa Bay Area
- Boy leaves puppy at shelter to protect it from abusive father
- Search underway for missing and endangered man in Hillsborough County
- FHP arrests driver accused of killing 3 family members in US-19 crash