LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) — A Florida homeowner killed a masked intruder during a gunfight inside his home, police said.
Lauderhill police spokesman Lt. Michael Santiago told reporters that the gunfight broke out at 12:45 a.m. Saturday. He said the intruder broke into the home and he and the resident exchanged fire.
The homeowner then fled the home. When police arrived, they found the intruder dead inside.
Santiago said the investigation is ongoing. Lauderhill is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. Further details were not available.
- Want to buy a house? These days, the trick is finding or affording one
- LIVE BLOG: WrestleMania night two kicks off in Tampa amid more stormy weather
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Prince Harry to attend Prince Philip’s funeral, doctors tell Meghan to stay home
- FHP: 17-year-old girl electrocuted after stepping on downed power line while trying to escape burning car in Spring Hill