TAMPA (WFLA) – One Florida student who could not walk across the stage at graduation decided to hit the waves of the Ochlockonee River.
Lyric Oaks, a senior at Wakulla High School in Sopchoppy, Florida pitched the idea to Elizabeth Birdwell, the owner of Elizabeth Birdwell Photography after his senior year had been cut short and graduation canceled.
“They pitched the idea to me… one I truly never expected or had seen before!” Birdwell said. “He loves to wakesurf…. but while in a cap and gown? I loved the idea but I have to admit I was skeptical at first…. could it actually be done? Apparently yes because the behind the scenes video footage and the pictures don’t lie. He nailed it and he nailed it big. ”
MORE TOP STORIES:
- GOP invests $10M in boosting Trump campaign after Barrett confirmation
- Stars force Stanley Cup Game 6 vs Lightning
- Authorities criticized for carrying futuristic electric shields to combat protest
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Hot & humid with scattered storms through Tuesday; Strong cold front arrives Wednesday