COCOA, Fla. (AP) — Police say a motorist hit and injured a small alligator that crawled onto U.S. 1 on Florida’s Atlantic Coast.
Cocoa police said in a tweet posted Friday that patrol officers rescued the gator after “he wandered into dangerous territory.”
Officers say the alligator was fine and the driver wasn’t injured either.
Officers called the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. A wildlife officer took the gator to a safer place for it to roam.
Cocoa is on Florida’s Space Coast, near Melbourne.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- K9 dies after falling down elevator shaft during search for burglary suspects
- Millions stick to Thanksgiving travel plans despite warnings
- Clemson’s Swinney: COVID-19 FSU ‘excuse to cancel game’
- Snowcat Ridge limits park hours after misestimation on ‘amount of snow production’ required
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief