ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — An Escambia County deputy has been shot in the line of duty, according to a Facebook post by the Sheriff’s Office.
ECSO says they received a call of a suicide threat in the 400 block of Limerick Drive around 1:37 Wednesday afternoon.
Deputies say once they got on the scene, the suspect opened fire on deputies. One of the deputies was hit by the gunfire and taken to a local hospital.
There is no information provided on the condition of the deputy. The suspect was also shot when deputies returned fire. There’s no word on the suspect’s condition either.
This is the 3rd Escambia County Deputy to be shot in less than a week. Two others were shot Friday responding to the mass shooting at NAS Pensacola. They were released from the hospital earlier this week.
News 5 has multiple crews on the way and will keep you updated.
- Local event planner creates game to encourage residents to try, support new restaurants while stuck at home
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages