ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) – An Orange County sheriff’s deputy was seriously hurt when he was struck by a car Thursday morning.
It happened around 4:30 a.m. near the intersection of Apopka-Vineland Road and Conroy-Windermere Road.
Officers from several different agencies were called to that scene.
Officials said the deputy was in the road picking up debris from a previous crash when he was struck. The driver involved stayed on the scene, deputies said.
The deputy suffered a broken leg, a broken arm, and a head injury. His is in critical condition, but is expected to survive. He will undergo surgery Thursday.
- DOJ rescinds ‘zero tolerance’ immigration rule
- Judge bars Biden from enforcing 100-day deportation ban
- Biden: 200 million more COVID-19 vaccines ordered, set to arrive this summer
- Skin cancer vaccine developed by Tampa company enters Phase 1 of clinical trial
- World surpasses 100M confirmed COVID-19 cases