TAMPA (WFLA) – The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has fired two employees for hateful, racist, and threatening remarks directed at protestors.
According to the department’s Facebook page, one employee made the remarks on social media while the other made it through text messages.
The department says they took immediate action to terminate the employees and says the conduct is not reflective of the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Tracking the Tropics: 90% chance system in western Caribbean develops
- Jon Bon Jovi to accompany Joe and Jill Biden in Pennsylvania today
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight