TAMPA (WFLA) – The Florida Dept. of Health reported over 1,600 more positive cases of COVID-19 Thursday.
New numbers released by state health officials Thursday morning show the state has a total of 69,069 cases, up 1,698 since Wednesday.
Florida has seen an increase of over 1,000 cases of coronavirus in eight of the last nine days.
The death toll increased to 2,848 Thursday, as 47 additional deaths were reported. Hospitalizations across the state sit at 11,571.
Over two million people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the United States and the country has seen over 112,900 deaths.
Worldwide, over 7.4 million cases have been reported. There have been over 417,000 global deaths.
Additionally, over 3 million people have recovered from COVID-19 worldwide.
Here is a county-by-county breakdown of cases across Tampa Bay:
Total Cases: 3,174
Total Cases: 1,862
Total Cases: 716
Total Cases: 1,253
Total Cases: 473
Total Cases: 1,325
Total Cases: 130
Total Cases: 160
Total Cases: 132
Total Cases: 164
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week
- Vending machines for COVID-19 self-tests rollout at California airport
- Sarasota healthcare workers claim nursing home isn’t doing enough to protect patients, staff
- Polk County fire captain accused of using paramedic to steal COVID-19 vaccines
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,408 new cases, 160 new deaths