TAMPA (WFLA) – The Florida Dept. of Health reported over 1,900 more positive cases of COVID-19 Friday.
New numbers released by state health officials Friday morning show the state has a total of 70,971 cases, up 1,902 since Thursday.
Florida has seen an increase of over 1,000 cases of coronavirus in nine of the last 10 days.
The death toll increased to 2,877 Friday, as 29 additional deaths were reported. Hospitalizations across the state sit at 11,706.
Over two million people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the United States and the country has seen over 113,800 deaths.
Worldwide, over 7.5 million cases have been reported. There have been over 422,000 global deaths.
Additionally, over 3 million people have recovered from COVID-19 worldwide.
Here is a county-by-county breakdown of cases across Tampa Bay:
Total Cases: 3,295
Total Cases: 1,941
Total Cases: 724
Total Cases: 1,309
Total Cases: 484
Total Cases: 1,373
Total Cases: 132
Total Cases: 169
Total Cases: 135
Total Cases: 177
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis proposes college ‘bill of rights’ to party
- Florida coronavirus: Tampa Bay surpasses 120,000 total coronavirus cases
- United Airlines, Google to launch trip planning map for coronavirus era
- Mobile manufacturing training helps unemployed get back to work in Tampa Bay
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?