TAMPA (WFLA) – The Florida Dept. of Health reported over 1,900 more positive cases of COVID-19 Friday.
New numbers released by state health officials Friday morning show the state has a total of 70,971 cases, up 1,902 since Thursday.
Florida has seen an increase of over 1,000 cases of coronavirus in nine of the last 10 days.
The death toll increased to 2,877 Friday, as 29 additional deaths were reported. Hospitalizations across the state sit at 11,706.
Over two million people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the United States and the country has seen over 113,800 deaths.
Worldwide, over 7.5 million cases have been reported. There have been over 422,000 global deaths.
Additionally, over 3 million people have recovered from COVID-19 worldwide.
Here is a county-by-county breakdown of cases across Tampa Bay:
Total Cases: 3,295
Total Cases: 1,941
Total Cases: 724
Total Cases: 1,309
Total Cases: 484
Total Cases: 1,373
Total Cases: 132
Total Cases: 169
Total Cases: 135
Total Cases: 177
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Thanksgiving eve not as brisk for business in St. Petersburg in 2020
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Doctor: Current US coronavirus testing strategy isn’t working