TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 51,000 people have been infected with the the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 879 new cases Monday, bringing the state’s total to 51,746. More than 9,424 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,252— up 15 from Sunday.
As of Monday morning, the world has seen over 5.4 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 345,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.6 million cases and over 97,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,881
Total Cases: 1,138
Total Cases: 573
Total Cases: 981
Total Cases: 350
Total Cases: 867
Total Cases: 108
Total Cases: 113
Total Cases: 119
Total Cases: 83
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- New CDC director takes over beleaguered agency amid crisis
- 103-year-old man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine
- SAT doing away with optional essay and subject tests