(CNN) – Hot air balloons are getting an upgrade, a big one.
A Florida company called Space Perspective is developing one that’s out of this world.
Their high-tech hot air balloon is called Spaceship Neptune. It’s designed to transport a pilot and eight travelers in a pressurized capsule suspended from an enormous blimp.
The company has scheduled a test flight for early 2021. That trip will carry research payloads and no crew. But the company hopes to start taking space tourists in a few years.
The ride would go 100,000 feet up in the air and last six hours.
You can reserve a seat on Space Perspective’s website, but the prices are sky high.
According to Anchorage Daily News, passengers can expect to pay roughly $125,000 for a ticket.
- 2 inmates caught at IHOP after using toothbrush to escape jail
- Grand jury reconvenes on Trump case, could vote on indictment
- Child mortality is rising at the fastest rate in 50 years. Here’s why
- Florida ‘Don’t Say Gay’ lawmaker pleads guilty to COVID relief fraud
- Officials: Florida deputy Tased video-recording man, took cell phone