(CNN) – Hot air balloons are getting an upgrade, a big one.
A Florida company called Space Perspective is developing one that’s out of this world.
Their high-tech hot air balloon is called Spaceship Neptune. It’s designed to transport a pilot and eight travelers in a pressurized capsule suspended from an enormous blimp.
The company has scheduled a test flight for early 2021. That trip will carry research payloads and no crew. But the company hopes to start taking space tourists in a few years.
The ride would go 100,000 feet up in the air and last six hours.
You can reserve a seat on Space Perspective’s website, but the prices are sky high.
According to Anchorage Daily News, passengers can expect to pay roughly $125,000 for a ticket.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- International flyers may soon need to get virus vaccinations
- Biden set to formally introduce his national security team
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- 3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams to watch out for