WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — A church in suburban West Palm Beach says it’s buying a former strip club and transforming it into its new home.
“We’re so excited,” Rev. Josh Mauney of NewSound Church said. “I believe that God is opening up some doors that a 20-month old church can’t open by themselves.”
NewSound holds services every Sunday at Wellington High School and has about 1,000 members. But now they’re buying Double Dee’s Ranch on Southern Boulevard, turning the former bar and strip club into a church with seating for 600-700 people.
“I don’t mind being in a building that was a strip club any more than I mind somebody walking in our doors that had at one time in their life been a stripper,” Mauney said.
The church plans to replace the stripper poles with pews and replace lap dances and lingerie with love for the Lord.
- 2 injured in Hernando County deputy-involved shooting
- Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs heading to Super Bowl
- St. Pete protestors seek local police reform after Tyre Nichols’ death
- Tennessee and national leaders react to Tyre Nichols video
- US population center trending toward South this decade