JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA)—A Florida boy is dead after a tragic accident on a swing set in Jacksonville, authorities said.
Around 6:15 p.m. Friday night, police were called to Charles Clark Park after the child was found unresponsive.
Deputies said 10-year-old Nashon Green was on the swing set while his mother getting her other children ready to leave the park.
“When she turned around, she saw the child and he was hanging from the swing set and his feet were not touching the ground,” Sgt. S.C. Rudlaff of the Sheriff’s Office told Jacksonville.com. “She immediately reacted, got the child off the swingset and called 911.”
Investigators believe the boy was standing on the swing and its chains had gotten tangled and wrapped around his neck.
The mother removed her son from the swing and called 911.
Green was transported to UF Health hospital where he later died.
Deputies say they do not suspect foul play.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- David Cassidy, 67, in a coma with organ failure
- Coast Guard searching for man after boat found near Bradenton
- Driver arrested after wrong-way crash on Courtney Campbell Causeway
- Former Florida student awarded $49.3 million after being repeatedly raped by teacher in classroom
- PHOTO: Navy admits flight crew created phallic sky drawing over town
- VIDEO: Move over pizza rat, avocado rat goes viral