(WATE) – Officers in Florida are investigating after a carjacking and potential kidnapping situation involved a couple from Knoxville, Tennessee.
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is trying to confirm the safety of Marsha Ann Higgins. Deputies say they were told Higgins is being held against her will by Bradley Chilton, her boyfriend.
Court records from recent years state they were from Knox County, Tennessee.
The two were last seen Wednesday night in Volusia County. The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office believes Higgins and Chilton are still in a silver Toyota with Tennessee tags.
- Lightning strikes Zephyrhills mobile home, family of five left homeless
- Halloween scheduled as NASA, SpaceX’s next crewed launch
- Officer charged in Breonna Taylor case pleads not guilty
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- CDC issues guidelines for celebrating Thanksgiving during COVID-19 pandemic