TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities arrested a 12-year-old girl after discovering at least two social media posts that threatened to kill fellow students at her middle school.
In one Snapchat post, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office said, the girl listed the names of potential victims.
A later post warned that the students were not safe and that they would be killed on Monday.
Investigators were made aware of the threats on Friday night by a parent and student at Falcon Cove Middle School north of Miami.
The girl was later taken into custody and taken to a juvenile center. Authorities said they arrested the girl on two counts of making a written threat to kill and making a false report about a firearm.
- Property owner says help is on the way for St.Petersburg residents after homes are demolished
- Krystal files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Gold-medalist Allison Schmitt seeks 4th Olympic swim berth
- Hunt family finally gets to see Chiefs back in Super Bowl
- Patrick Mahomes is the first quarterback from a Texas university to start in the Super Bowl