TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Floridians are lining up for the final day of voting in a state that has 29 Electoral College votes seen as vital for President Donald Trump’s reelection.
Florida has already set records for votes cast before Election Day, and the presidential election is expected to be close once again.
Most polls show the Republican incumbent and Democratic former Vice President Joe Biden in a virtual tie.
In 2016, Trump beat Hillary Clinton by 1.2 percentage points and only earned 49% of the vote.
Florida will also be voting in congressional and legislative elections and deciding the fate of six proposed constitutional amendments.
- Johnson & Johnson aims to have 100 million one-dose COVID-19 vaccines by spring
- ‘Lucid Vending’ machines bring local art, novelty, joy to Pinellas Co. locations
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Oklahoma lawmaker proposes ‘Bigfoot’ hunting season
- Vita Vea in, Antonio Brown out for Bucs in NFC title game