FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- War of words between White House and Gov. DeSantis on vaccine rollout
- Bucs gear sells out overnight as fans rush to purchase Super Bowl souvenirs
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- One year ago today: Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna killed in helicopter crash
- Police: Man dead after stabbing at Clearwater bar