ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) — A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was arrested on sex-related charges involving a child, deputies said.
Trooper Chad Corriveau was arrested on charges in Lake County Friday night, according to deputies.
Corriveau posted bail on Saturday.
FHP Capt. Jeffrey Bissainthe released the following statement:
“The Florida Highway Patrol takes these matters very seriously and has placed the trooper on administrative leave pending the criminal investigation by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office. Additionally, a thorough administrative investigation is being conducted simultaneously regarding the allegations and the actions of the Trooper, and appropriate disciplinary action will be immediately taken based on the outcome of the investigation.”STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 2 Bucs players kneel during national anthem, co-chairman releases statement
- Palmetto police officer involved in early-morning shooting
- Cops: Pasco man pours scalding hot water on 2-year-old girl
- Principal killed, daughter, 4, critically injured in Clearwater jet ski crash
- Tampa Bay area McDonald’s to thank first responders with free meals
- North Korea’s foreign minister says Trump has ‘declared war’ on his country
- Target to up hourly base pay to $15 by end of 2020
- Funeral director arrested over corpse pictures
- Woman bitten 3 times by venomous snake while at restaurant