TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas announced Friday it would no longer disconnect customers’ power over nonpayment amid the coronavirus outbreak.
“As part of your community and a provider of essential services, we are here to support you during this uncertain time. Since many of our customers may be facing unusual financial hardship, we are suspending disconnection for nonpayment effective immediately,” the company said in a tweet.
This will apply to all home and business accounts in Florida, as well as Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- Polk County man arrested for alleged theft at gravesite of Frostproof triple homicide victim
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls
- Judd: Polk County paramedic arrested for stealing coronavirus vaccines
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?