FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. (WESH) – A Coast Guard crew in southwest Florida saved a dog that was found treading water well off the coast.
The U.S. Coast Guard Station Fort Myers Beach shared the story, along with some photos and videos, to its Facebook page on Wednesday.
“While our crew was out underway for a night patrol, we received a call for a dog in distress swimming off Fort Myers Beach / Bowditch Point.
Thanks to the crew’s expertise in intercepting non-compliant vessels (NCV) and recovering a person in the water (PIW), our “star” of the night was safely recovered and returned to her owner,” the post said.
- North Port woman charged with DUI manslaughter in death of pregnant mother of two
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Pinellas brothers accused of scheming elderly victims
- Pasco neighborhood wants to stop paving plan after learning they would be charged thousands
- Tampa Police chief said he wrestled with Black officer’s firing over use of racial slur