FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. (WESH) – A Coast Guard crew in southwest Florida saved a dog that was found treading water well off the coast.
The U.S. Coast Guard Station Fort Myers Beach shared the story, along with some photos and videos, to its Facebook page on Wednesday.
“While our crew was out underway for a night patrol, we received a call for a dog in distress swimming off Fort Myers Beach / Bowditch Point.
Thanks to the crew’s expertise in intercepting non-compliant vessels (NCV) and recovering a person in the water (PIW), our “star” of the night was safely recovered and returned to her owner,” the post said.
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- 2 officers save man who uses wheelchair from car minutes before it bursts into flames
- Gabriel, No. 13 UCF beat East Carolina 51-28 in AAC opener
- No. 5 Florida beats Ole Miss 51-35 in Kiffin’s debut
- Willis’ 370 yards of offense helps Liberty beat FIU 36-34