ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — Disney revealed in a recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that it plans to lay off another 4,000 employees by March 2021.
According to a new SEC filing obtained by our Orlando affiliate WESH, Disney is expected to lay off a total of 32,000 employees by March of next year. That’s 4,000 more employees than the company originally said they would have to lay off in September.
The additional layoffs will impact people who work within the Parks, Experiences and Products segment, according to WESH. They are reporting most of the layoffs will be employees at Disney World here in Florida and California’s Disneyland.
Disney’s parks were forced to close in the spring as the coronavirus pandemic started spreading throughout the United States. Disney World in Florida has since reopened, but Disneyland in California remains closed.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Tennessee law firm giving away free divorce for Valentine’s Day
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers ready to face New Orleans Saints in divisional round playoff game
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Woman asks for love stories, plans to give away old wedding rings after divorce