MIAMI (WFLA) – UPDATE 11-4-2019: Miami-Dade prosecutors dropped all charges against a “youth host” on a Disney Cruise ship who was accused of molesting a young boy during a cruise earlier this year, NBCMiami.com reported.
Court records showed the case against 24-year-old Oliver Lovatt, who was arrested in May on two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child under 12, was closed on Monday, the same day his trial was scheduled to begin.
A closeout memo said the charges were dropped in part because the alleged victim’s parents thought it would be a difficult process to travel to Miami and having their child testify.
A ‘youth host’ on a Disney Cruise Line is scheduled to go to trial later this month after was accused of molesting a young boy during a cruise earlier this year.
Oliver Lovatt, 24, was arrested in May on two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation of a child under 12 after the alleged incident on the Disney Magic, an arrest report said.
According to the arrest report, Lovatt was captured on surveillance camera molesting a 10-year-old boy twice in the ship’s “Oceaneer Kids Lab” while they were playing a game. One of the incidents reportedly occurred while the child was blindfolded.
A Disney spokesperson said in a statement:
“We have zero tolerance for this type of unacceptable behavior. When we became aware of the allegation, it was reported to law enforcement and the crew member was removed from duty permanently,” the spokesperson said.