ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A homicide investigation near exit 254 at Florida’s Turnpike caused a road closure Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
On Monday at 10:43 a.m., deputies responded to that location for a 911-emergency call for service, officials said.
Deputies discovered a victim with obvious trauma. The victim was pronounced dead on scene by Orange County Fire Rescue.
Officials confirmed Monday the victim was stabbed.
The victim and the suspect are known to each other, and the suspect is not in custody, officials said.
This story will be updated.
- Earth Week: Saving water saves planet – and money, Tampa Bay conservationist says
- Queen Elizabeth marking 95th birthday in low-key fashion
- Super League collapses after 6 English clubs withdraw, including Glazer-owned Manchester United
- Jury reaches swift verdict for Derek Chauvin in George Floyd death: Guilty
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Decreasing clouds and humidity today