ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – A carjacking attempt was thwarted Tuesday when the would-be thief was unable to drive the stick shift vehicle he tried to steal, deputies said.
Officials with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said Jaelyn Alexander, 25, tried to carjack an elderly man at the intersection of East Colonial Drive and Dean Road a little before noon.
He quickly realized he couldn’t drive the manual transmission car that he’d gotten into, so deputies said he stole another car and took off.
Deputies said they spotted Alexander a short time later and he was taken into custody.
Alexander is charged with carjacking, battery on a victim over 65 and grand theft.
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump administration over order banning app in US
- Missing Child Alert issued for 16-year-old girl in New Port Richey
- Heat exhaustion vs. heat stroke: How to see the signs
- Investigation underway after homeowner shoots, kills attempted home invader
- Stimulus check update: Why we’re no closer to a second $1,200 payment