KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP/WTVJ) — Deputies say a Florida bus driver chased a rider down the street and swung a metal pole at him because the rider had pulled down his coronavirus mask.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office said a 21-year-old man boarded Denys Santos’ bus in Key Largo on Wednesday and pulled down his mask to talk on the phone.
The man told deputies that as he was exiting, Santos used a metal pole to tap a sign saying masks are mandatory on the bus.
The man says he was walking away from the bus when Santos began chasing him and swinging the pole at him.
Santos is charged with aggravated assault.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in American military operation
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties
- TV news anchor gunned down in Downtown Juarez
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting