TAMPA (WFLA) – The number of coronavirus cases and coronavirus-related deaths continue to rise in Florida this week as testing continues.
New numbers released by the Florida Department of Health officials Friday show the state has a total of 61,488 cases.
The death toll also increased to 2,660. Hospitalizations across the state increased to 10,794.
A total of 1,875,402 people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the United States. The country has seen 108,278 deaths.
Worldwide, 6,675,011 cases have been reported. There have been over 391,848 global deaths.
Here is a county-by-county breakdown of cases across Tampa Bay:
Total Cases: 2,554
Total Cases: 1,478
Total Cases: 658
Total Cases: 1,162
Total Cases: 416
Total Cases: 1,127
Total Cases: 122
Total Cases: 141
Total Cases: 125
Total Cases: 131
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- US bishops discourage Catholics from getting J&J vaccine if given option
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,014 new cases, 132 new deaths
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- Super Bowl LV ‘wasn’t a super spreader’ event, Hillsborough Co. health officials say
- Hillsborough County expands vaccine eligibility at Ed Radice site