TAMPA (WFLA) – The Florida Dept. of Health reported over 1,300 more positive cases of COVID-19 Wednesday.
New numbers released by state health officials Wednesday morning show the state has a total of 67,371 cases, up 1,371 since Tuesday.
Florida has seen an increase of over 1,000 cases of coronavirus in seven of the last eight days.
The death toll increased to 2,801 Wednesday, as 36 additional deaths were reported. Hospitalizations across the state sit at 11,345.
Over 1.9 million people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the United States and the country has seen over 112,000 deaths.
Worldwide, over 7 million cases have been reported. There have been over 412,000 global deaths.
Additionally, over 3 million people have recovered from COVID-19 worldwide.
Here is a county-by-county breakdown of cases across Tampa Bay:
Total Cases: 3,027
Total Cases: 1,746
Total Cases: 705
Total Cases: 1,245
Total Cases: 457
Total Cases: 1,287
Total Cases: 129
Total Cases: 153
Total Cases: 130
Total Cases: 160
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Michigan makes homeless people vaccine-eligible
- Florida coronavirus: 4,098 new cases, 63 new deaths reported Sunday
- States are dropping mask mandates but still urge wearing them – which message will the public follow?
- 5 ways COVID-19 might affect your tax bill
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus