TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 2,000 people have died of the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 776 cases on Friday, bringing the state’s total number of cases up to 49,451. More than 9,110 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,190 — up 46 from Thursday.
As of Friday morning, the world has seen over 5.1 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 333,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.57 million cases and over 94,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,790
Total Cases: 1,116
Total Cases: 565
Total Cases: 946
Total Cases: 338
Total Cases: 840
Total Cases: 110
Total Cases: 111
Total Cases: 118
Total Cases: 60
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Coronavirus in Florida: Past month in review
- White House bans travel to the US from Brazil
- Where seniors would have walked to graduate, names in chalk
- CCCHS celebrates graduates with drive-through ceremony and parade
- New York Times publishes names of American lives lost to coronavirus