TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 2,000 people have died of the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 776 cases on Friday, bringing the state’s total number of cases up to 49,451. More than 9,110 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,190 — up 46 from Thursday.
As of Friday morning, the world has seen over 5.1 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 333,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.57 million cases and over 94,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,790
Total Cases: 1,116
Total Cases: 565
Total Cases: 946
Total Cases: 338
Total Cases: 840
Total Cases: 110
Total Cases: 111
Total Cases: 118
Total Cases: 60
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Bracing for the upcoming flu season during a pandemic
- Florida coronavirus: State tallies 2,521 new cases
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- FSU coach Norvell tests positive for coronavirus before Miami game