PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities arrested a Florida woman they say pushed an amputee out of his wheelchair during an argument.
Escambia County Sheriff’s officials say the victim reported that he and 28-year-old Ashley Hacker had been arguing over clothes when Hacker allegedly threatened to push the victim from his wheelchair and then proceeded to do so.
According to an arrest report, the man said he fell and hit his ankle.
The Pensacola News Journal reports deputies found Hacker hiding in a shed in the backyard. The relationship between Hacker and the victim is unclear.
She was charged with abuse of an elderly or disabled adult without great harm and was released on a $3,000 bond Wednesday.
- Corona beer producer stops brewing due to virus
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure