PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A construction worker died after falling from a Florida hotel on Tuesday, authorities said.
Oslin Roely Lopez Jimenez, 20, had been working on the roof of the seven-story Beach Tower Resort in Panama City Beach, police said. He fell five stories, hit a second-floor awning and then rolled off to fall two more stories.
The worker was taken to a nearby hospital, where he later died, the Panama City News Herald reported.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Raptors’ virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Oldsmar country club
- Cuomo asks state AG to investigate sexual harassment allegations against him
- Crowds rush Clearwater Beach for the first unofficial day of Spring Break
- Nigerian families await news of 300 kidnapped schoolgirls