ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — The United States Coast Guard is searching the Gulf of Mexico for a father, son and their four dogs who have been missing since embarking on a boating trip from Panama City to Vero Beach a week ago.
USCG said Gerald Cook, 81, Peter Cook, 55, and the dogs were aboard the 52-foot yellow steel vessel Rom’e when they left Tuesday, Feb. 18.
Family told the Coast Guard the two men planned to take the Gulf of Mexico down to the Okeechobee Waterway in their cut across Florida.
As of Monday, the search for the father and son has covered over 142,600 square miles off the Florida Gulf Coast with air and boat crews.
If you have any information that could aid in the search, please contact Coast Guard District 7 Command Center at 305-415-6800.
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Louisiana
- Florida State Fair 2021 tickets now on sale
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music provide personalized 2020 review