ORLANDO, FL (WFLA) — Sunday, August 9, 2020.
Caylee died at the age of 2 in 2008. Her mother, Casey Anthony, was charged but found not guilty in her death.
It all started July 15, 2008, when Casey Anthony’s mother, Cindy, made the infamous call to 911, saying her daughter’s car smelled like a dead body and that Caylee was missing. Casey was arrested just one day later. She was indicted on first-degree murder charges in October 2008.
Caylee’s remains were found on Dec. 11 of that year, not far from the Anthonys’ home. Casey’s murder trial began in May 2011. Then, on July 5, Casey was found not guilty on all charges except for lying to investigators.
A memorial lays at the site where 2-year-old Caylee’s body was found, less than a mile from her home.
Lawmakers in multiple states have passed legislation in Caylee’s name, making it a crime for parents to delay reporting their kids missing.
Casey Anthony has kept a low profile since she was acquitted in her daughter’s murder.
- Alcohol banned at beach to discourage Georgia-Florida party
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiancé Brian Laundrie
- Real estate agent uses creepy dolls to market ‘hideous and horrifying’ home in Louisiana
- Trailblazing tourist trip to orbit ends with splashdown