ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Hillsborough County woman is banned for life from Walt Disney World in Florida after she hit a taxi driver and then kicked a deputy at the resort.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says in an arrest report that Ellen McMillion of Brandon, Florida, hit the taxi driver outside Disney’s Hollywood Studios last Thursday.
A Disney security guard and a deputy working a detail at the park intervened.
The taxi driver told deputies McMillion started hitting him after she asked him for a cigarette, and he told her he didn’t have one.
Deputies say McMillion was slurring her words, and they detected a strong odor of alcohol.
She was charged with battery on an officer and disorderly intoxication.
McMillion asked for a public defender, but she had no attorney Monday.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- Mental health clinic for Tampa Bay veterans and their families celebrates 1-year anniversary
- Motorcyclist involved in fatal crash on Dale Mabry Highway
- Man shot dead by Highlands deputy after shooting officer in bulletproof vest
- Leigh’s runcast: Higher humidity makes workouts seem harder