ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Hillsborough County woman is banned for life from Walt Disney World in Florida after she hit a taxi driver and then kicked a deputy at the resort.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says in an arrest report that Ellen McMillion of Brandon, Florida, hit the taxi driver outside Disney’s Hollywood Studios last Thursday.
A Disney security guard and a deputy working a detail at the park intervened.
The taxi driver told deputies McMillion started hitting him after she asked him for a cigarette, and he told her he didn’t have one.
Deputies say McMillion was slurring her words, and they detected a strong odor of alcohol.
She was charged with battery on an officer and disorderly intoxication.
McMillion asked for a public defender, but she had no attorney Monday.
- 39-year-old Florida deputy dies from coronavirus, sheriff urges public to heed distancing orders
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Toddler killed, 2 children injured in Polk County crash
- San Diego County to issue $1,000 fines to people ignoring COVID-19 restrictions
- How to make a homemade face mask, with or without sewing