ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Hillsborough County woman is banned for life from Walt Disney World in Florida after she hit a taxi driver and then kicked a deputy at the resort.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says in an arrest report that Ellen McMillion of Brandon, Florida, hit the taxi driver outside Disney’s Hollywood Studios last Thursday.
A Disney security guard and a deputy working a detail at the park intervened.
The taxi driver told deputies McMillion started hitting him after she asked him for a cigarette, and he told her he didn’t have one.
Deputies say McMillion was slurring her words, and they detected a strong odor of alcohol.
She was charged with battery on an officer and disorderly intoxication.
McMillion asked for a public defender, but she had no attorney Monday.
- Bradenton brewery features dogs up for adoption on beer cans
- First look: Florida’s steepest diving rollercoaster coming to SeaWorld
- Pasco deputies searching for driver who offered child ride to school
- New texting scam disguises itself as package tracking notification
- Trump says US will add countries to travel ban