Warning, viewer discretion is advised.
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Florida authorities released a shocking video on Tuesday that shows a woman throwing a dog off a second-floor balcony in Daytona Beach.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said officers had responded to a motel on International Speedway Boulevard around noon Monday after the woman, Allison Murphy, 35, allegedly threatened to jump off the second floor and attacked a maid.
Murphy refused to come to her door, but eventually came out with a German Shepherd. Body camera video shows her pick up the animal and chuck it over the railing.
According to deputies, the dog, nicknamed “Miracle” ended up landing on her feet. An X-ray revealed that the dog had a sewing needle in her thigh, but she was otherwise okay. The dog is now in the care of Animal Services.
Murphy was taken to the ground after the incident, then arrested on felony charges of animal cruelty and resisting an officer without violence. She remains in a Volusia County jail.
- Citrus County nursing home resident injured, DCF investigating
- Florida Rep. Steube, 13 other House Republicans urge Biden to take cognitive test
- First case of rabies confirmed in Polk County in 2021
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Court rules in favor of Florida against conditional sail order
- Hillsborough County opens largest adaptive playground