Warning, viewer discretion is advised.
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Florida authorities released a shocking video on Tuesday that shows a woman throwing a dog off a second-floor balcony in Daytona Beach.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said officers had responded to a motel on International Speedway Boulevard around noon Monday after the woman, Allison Murphy, 35, allegedly threatened to jump off the second floor and attacked a maid.
Murphy refused to come to her door, but eventually came out with a German Shepherd. Body camera video shows her pick up the animal and chuck it over the railing.
According to deputies, the dog, nicknamed “Miracle” ended up landing on her feet. An X-ray revealed that the dog had a sewing needle in her thigh, but she was otherwise okay. The dog is now in the care of Animal Services.
Murphy was taken to the ground after the incident, then arrested on felony charges of animal cruelty and resisting an officer without violence. She remains in a Volusia County jail.
- Bicyclist hit, killed by SUV in St. Petersburg
- Tampa Museum of Art celebrates International Women’s Day with exhibits
- Big teacher turnout expected at Hillsborough vaccine sites
- More Tampa businesses could have liquor license suspended for violating mask ordinance
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Staying cool, sunny and breezy all day