KISSIMMEE, Fla. (WESH)—A Kissimmee officer was in the right place at the right time when a baby began choking on a goldfish cracker.
Footage from the officer’s body camera shows the dramatic moment Amanda Zimmerman handed her lifeless 18-month-old boy to the officer.
MJ choked on a Goldfish cracker and was no longer breathing. While officers tried to help, his mother screamed in agony.
“I was just beside myself,” Zimmerman told WESH 2 News.
Eventually the officers put MJ on his back and began CPR until the little boy let out a gasp.
When the Kissimmee Fire Department arrived, they took the child to the hospital where doctors said he was going to be just fine.
- Toyota recalls 2.9M vehicles; air bags may not inflate
- Winter chill brings shock to those visiting Tampa Bay area
- Mexico begins flying, busing migrants back to Honduras
- Highland’s deputies searching for 81-year-old woman last seen on Friday
- Police investigating battery report outside Antonio Brown’s Florida home